The Pregnancy Project
The Pregnancy Project was established in 2009. In 2012 we grew to become and all encompassing group of dedicated professionals that support mothers, babies, and families during the prenatal, birth and postpartum period. All of our providers are local to the Capital Region of New York.
Preparing for motherhood is a powerful endeavor that transforms lives. The contemplation of conception, the expectant days of pregnancy, the labor of birth, and the adjustments of the postpartum period are all milestone events in the continuum of life. These experiences profoundly affect women, babies, fathers, and families, and have important and long-lasting effects on society.
The Pregnancy Project mission is to help families find the services baby and birth professionals that believe in the normalcy of the birthing process and who empower families with knowledge so that they can make educated decisions about their care during pregnancy and beyond.
Empowerment & Normalcy of Birth
- Childbirth is a normal, natural and healthy process—NOT always a medical event.
- Women’s bodies are made to grow babies and give birth.
- Both women and babies have the inherent wisdom necessary for birth.
- Birth can safely take place in hospitals, birth centers, and homes.
- The midwifery model of care, which supports and protects the normal birth process, is the most appropriate for the majority of women during pregnancy and birth.
A woman’s confidence and ability to give birth and to care for her baby is enhanced or diminished by every person who gives her care, and by the environment in which she gives birth. Finding and choosing the right provider can impact the entire experience and outcome.